In our practice, we are fortunate to be a part of Columbus and surrounding communities. We believe in the importance of businesses helping to build strong communities and wanted to find a way to give back and support the populations we serve.
In our practice we have seen an increased need for support for our senior and special needs populations. We were looking for a way to give back to our community while supporting these growing populations, thus the Voelz, Reed & Mount Foundation was created with the help of Heritage Fund.
Voelz, Reed & Mount, LLC Launch New Foundation in Partnership with Heritage Fund
COLUMBUS, Indiana, March 31, 2022 – In an effort to give back to the local communities where they do business, the owners at Voelz,Reed, & Mount, LLC law firm have partnered with Heritage Fund to launch a foundation that will provide support for aging adults and their families.
Business co-owners Lora Mount and Blake Reed had the following to say about the new foundation.
“We have been very fortunate to build a successful business in a community like Columbus. As business owners who have benefitted from this community, we felt a strong desire to find a way to give back. Like many business owners, one of our struggles has beenfinding the time that it takes to properly establish a private foundation. Establishing a private foundation can be complicated and timeconsuming. Partnering with Heritage Fund gave us exactly what we were looking for. We are so excited to be able to support seniorsand individuals with special needs through Voelz, Reed, & Mount Foundation. We also hope to inspire other business owners to do thesame” said Lora Mount.
According to Blake Reed, “in our practice, we have seen an increased need for support for our senior and special needs population andwere looking for a way to support these growing populations. We are fortunate and delighted to have the opportunity to give back tothe community we serve, side by side with Heritage Fund.”
Heritage Fund began focusing on personal foundations, including business foundations, in 2021 as part of its “Your Philanthropy. YourWay.” initiative. A personal foundation is a philanthropic vehicle that provides flexibility in donor directed grantmaking.
“Heritage Fund is excited to partner with Voelz, Reed, & Mount, LLC and support their thoughtful approach to philanthropy. Part of ourmission as a community foundation is to help individuals, families and businesses carry out their philanthropic wishes. It is why wesay: ‘Your Philanthropy, Your Way.’ Partnering with Heritage Fund on a personal foundation allows all the benefits of a private foundation at a fraction of the cost and without the administrative burden,” Heritage Fund President & CEO Tracy Souza said.”Congratulations to partners Lora Mount and Blake Reed for being thoughtful, creative and smart about how they want to give back tothe community that has created their success.”
The Voelz, Reed, & Mount Foundation will accept grant applications from nonprofit organizations in Bartholomew, Jackson, Jennings,and Decatur counties that serve aging adults. Applications will be accepted from April 1-April 29, 2022. Grant awards will average $500-$1,000 each.
For more information about the Voelz, Reed, & Mount Foundation or for details on how to apply for a grant visit heritagefundbc.org.
About Heritage Fund
Heritage Fund – The Community Foundation of Bartholomew County was formed as a community foundation in 1976 with the purpose of continuing a legacy of giving by providing an opportunity for all citizens to make gifts and establish charitable funds to benefit thelocal community. It was created primarily to: provide responsible
stewardship of gifts donated for broad charitable purposes; promote leadership to address community issues; serve as a catalyst for positive change in partnership with others; and promote philanthropy broadly within the community.
About Voelz, Reed, & Mount, LLC
Voelz, Reed, & Mount are attorneys specializing in estate and elder law in Columbus and Central Indiana. Their mission is toprovide the highest quality legal services in a timely, professional, caring, and ethical manner.
- REACH Columbus, Inc to purchase supplies needed and to assist with funding guest instructors, expanding program offerings. To learn more about REACH Columbus, Inc Please visit www.reachcolumbus.com
- Just Friends Adult Day Services to increase participation in community activities such as Propeller membership, bowling outings, pottery painting opportunities, etc. To learn more about Just Friends please visit: www.justfriendscolumbus.com
- Our Hospice of South Central Indiana to provide gift cards to patients and family members for various needs. Additionally, to purchase needed materials for “Beginning Again”, a bereavement support group. To learn more about Our Hospice please visit: www.crh.org/service-centers/hospice
- Seymour Parks Fund to purchase equipment for senior exercise classes held at the Seymour Community Center. To learn more about Seymour Parks Classes please visit: www.Seymourin.recdesk.com/Community
- Perceptions Yoga, Mindfulness, and Art, Inc. to purchase needed supplies for the “Creative Aging” art course. To learn more about Perceptions Yoga please visit: www.perceptionsyoga.org
- Jackson County Health Department to purchase supplies needed to conduct senior health screenings throughout the community. To learn more about Jackson County Health Department please visit: www.jacksoncountyhealth.org